View our Terms & Conditions
PH Retreats Limited trading as The Institute of Pranic Healing UK & Ireland (the Institute, we or us) is committed to protecting your personal information and working in accordance with all relevant data protection legislation.
This Privacy Notice is intended to provide information about how the Institute will use (or “process”) personal information about individuals. This information is provided because Data Protection Law gives individuals rights to understand how their information is used.
The Company Director has overall responsibility for ensuring that the Institute complies with all relevant Data Protection obligations. This privacy notice will explain in detail the type of personal information the Institute may collect about you when you interact with us and explain how we store and handle that data.
Collection of your personal information
You may give us information about you in the following situations:
- By filling in forms on our site www.ukpranichealing.co.uk or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register for a course/seminar, request a healing, request a blessing, and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you provide us with your name, email or contact telephone number at seminars and events, requesting to be kept informed by email of upcoming events and courses.
- If you contact us by any means with queries or complaints.
- If you email requesting guidance in relation to Pranic Healing.
- If you request us to book a Pranic Healing appointment.
- If you provide information for a Blessing Request.
- If you provide us with feedback and testimonial.
- If you place an order with us.
- If you pay for any courses, seminars or events that you have booked with us.
- If you sign up one of our social media groups, such as our WhatsApp Twin Hearts Meditation group or are invited to join one of our closed Facebook groups.
Types of personal information we collect
We collect the following types of personal information:
- If you are registering for a course or event, the information you give us may include your name, date of birth, mailing address, email address and phone number.We will ask that you provide copies of documents to prove attendance of relevant courses.
- When you have a change of name to that already registered as our member for future courses that require a pre-requisite level of a previous course undertaken.
- Date of Birth to ensure that you are 18 + which is a pre-requisite for the learning of courses conducted by the Institute.
- We may ask for relevant medical information when you request guidance on Pranic Healing techniques.
- We may ask you provide us with dietary requirements when attending courses.
How we use your personal information
How we will use your personal information depends on the reasons you have contacted us. For example, we may use it to book appointments, administer courses, collect payment or receive feedback.
We may also use your information in the following ways:
- The personal information given to us by you when you complete attendance registers or when you complete online registration forms via our website, by email or by telephone, will be held in our relevant database for continued communication with you.
- From the details received and depending on your preferences, we will inform you via telephone, mail or email of information regarding events, courses & seminars, confirmation of attendance of registered events, courses & seminars.
- The Institute will inform you of promotions which we feel may be of interest to you where you have indicated that you wish to be contacted for such purposes by email or through social media platforms or other means of digital communication. To keep you up to date. We only send this with your permission.
Sharing your information
- We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal information to any third party – including your name, address or email address information.
- If you attend one of our courses, we will share your information with the Institute of Inner Studies, which is the course owner and is responsible for issuing course participation certificates to you.
- We may share information on your dietary requirements with respective venue holding a course you are attending. In accordance with any applicable Covid rules, we will also share the names and contact details of attendees with the venue for contact tracing purposes.
- We will always invite you if you wish to join our groups on social media platforms. If you do choose to join any of our social media groups, your name and any information you post will be visible to other users of that platform.
- With your permission, we will add to the Institute website testimonials given.
- Depending on the reasons for collecting your information, it may be shared internally with relevant departments (such as admin, registration, Pranic Healing therapists, Instructors).
Protection of your personal information
The protection of your data is extremely important to us and we have taken time to review all our existing systems security and will ensure that these stay up to date.
We take appropriate technical and organisation measures against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal information and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal information.
We use the following to store and process your personal information:
- Customer Relationship Management Application Tool
- Google Drive Registration for Events, Seminars & Courses
- Mailchimp Communication Tool
Only Institute staff and volunteers who run the above tools have access to your information – they are trained on how to obtain the information, retain the records, have read & understood the online security, and how to destroy records. We employ a third party company to administer and maintain our website.
We may transfer your personal information to the Institute of Inner Studies, which is headquartered in the Philippines. We also teach courses in Ireland, Gibraltar and Spain.
Keeping your Information
We will hold on to your information for as long as it is necessary to do so for the purpose for which it was collected, and in order to comply with our legal obligations. At the end of the relevant retention period, your data will be securely destroyed.
You always have the right to request cancellation of your data from our systems anytime by writing to us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking the “unsubscribe” option from any of our mailing lists. If you choose to unsubscribe, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages.
We keep the information we collect under review and if you have not attended courses/seminars with the Institute or otherwise interacted with us for a set period of time, we will contact you to ask if you wish us to continue to keep your details on our database.
What are your rights over your personal information
Data protection law gives individuals various rights in respect of their personal information. These are:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to object to our processing, or to restrict our processing, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time.
- You can email us at email@example.com and request that your details be taken off our data base at any time.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us and we will respond within one month. Please note that the rights listed above do not apply in all situations and so we may not be able to fully comply with your request. We will tell you if this is the case.
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal information, then please let us know and we will try to help you.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK regulator for data protection issues. You can contact the ICO on 0303 123 1113 or go online to www.ico.org.uk/concerns.
How to stop receiving emails from us
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time. You can do this:
- By clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email
- By contacting us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you choose to unsubscribe, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages. Please note that, it might take a few days for all our systems to be updated, so you might get messages from us while we process your request. Stopping marketing messages will not stop you getting mail about payment reminder for course, joining instructions etc.
Changes to this privacy notice
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, to reflect how we are processing your data, and we will tell you if we make any significant changes. Please refer to this page for any future changes.
Data Protection Officer
The Institute of Pranic Healing UK & Ireland
42 Haversham Drive